6 minute Tortilla Chips

I consider the humble tortilla chip to be one of mankind's greatest inventions

 The only thing more exciting than these crunchy vessels of joy is that they can be ready in exactly 6 minutes

There are only three ingredients necessary for the chips; tortilla, olive oil and a pinch of salt flakes.
I cut my tortilla up in a sort of stripy and triangular fashion, as cutting the tortilla into 6 wedges would not have given me nearly enough chips for my liking.
A pizza tray is the ideal piece of equipment for this as the tiny holes mean that you don't need to use any baking paper. 
Keep an eye on these bad boys while they're in the oven as they will go from perfection to burnt in less time than it takes you to get your salsa out.
You're looking for an even golden brown colour across all the chips before you take them out.
I served these with some delicious leftover flauta filling that I had roaming around the fridge, but my summery salsa recipe or holy guacamole would be on point too.

RECIPE
Makes around 20 chips
Use one tortilla per person

Ingredients:
1 tortilla
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pinch of flaked sea salt

Method:
Preheat the oven to 200C
Lay the tortilla out on chopping board and cut it up into triangles. See the picture above if you're not sure where to start.
Spread the chips over a pizza tray so that none are overlapping. If you're making chips for a group then cook them in batches rather than crowding them on.
Using a pastry brush (or the back of a spoon if your kitchen is anything like my University one!) spread a dab of oil on each tortilla chip. Sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt.
Place in the oven for around 5 minutes, but keep an eye on them as you don't want them to burn.

Serve immediately as you will not want to leave these lying around.

What did you serve yours with? Let me know!

1 comment

  1. "I have to search sites with relevant information on given topic and provide them to teacher our opinion and the article. going vegan"

    ReplyDelete