Summersault Rugby

My friend Amy and I always meet up for lunch over university holidays to catch up on each others lives, and as it was a Tuesday I knew that good vegetarian food was a must.

Rugby has a delicious vegetarian restaurant called Summersaults where the food is always organic and meat free.



This is a classic place to take your mum for lunch, and having been here approximately twenty times I hadn't clicked that it was vegetarian only until around last summer. Unlike with some veggie places where all they serve is falafel and hummus, the selection is ample and you don't feel like you're missing out on any food groups, so much so that until last year I hadn't noticed the absence of meat!

I chose an enormous slice of mushroom, tomato, leek and pine nut quiche which was absolutely divine. The pastry was beautifully crisp and flaky, without being too heavy. I also had two salads: giant cous cous, tomato and mint, and a waldorf salad. This was a bit a rogue decision with the waldorf, but as I was struggling to choose the server suggested it to me and it was a great shout. 


I also had a refreshing ginger beer which was ideal to sit back and enjoy on an usually sunny day in Rugby.

We found ourselves at Summersaults for almost three hours, as we hadn't been able to meet up since the previous summer. I went for an ice cream for pudding, with a single scoop of the tiramisu being the perfect end note to a lovely lunch.


The place is decorated like an old antiques shop, with many home ware items for sale too. Summersaults also host music nights, making it the perfect venue to chill out and enjoy some delicious meat free foods.

Have you been to a vegetarian restaurant recently? Let me know what you enjoyed!

No comments