Easy Cheesy Baked Camembert

While my boyfriend believes that WiFi should be a basic human right, I think that cheese should be.
After a few days in London where I was away from my kitchen I was in dire need of some comfort food. And what could be more comforting than a bowl full of molten french cheese?



As with most comfort food, the ingredients were simple and easy to find.



While I was doing my food shop in our nearest supermarket, Aldi, I spied a Camembert for the bargain price of 79p. I thought it would be a good addition to the cheese box so popped it in my basket.


However when I was craving something easy and tasty after a weekend away, I knew it could jazz it up with a couple of store cupboard ingredients. I added some chopped garlic, sea salt and fresh rosemary to mine.

Once you've prepped your Camembert just add the toppings into the exposed center. Personally I put a little over a teaspoon of garlic into mine as I knew I wouldn't be kissing anyone tonight.


With something as simple as this dish make sure you don't overlook your bread. On the way back from Aldi I nipped into our local bakers and picked up some bread rolls. I just keep these in the freezer so I can have proper bread without having to go back out! Ciabatta or a typical french baton would be excellent with this dish too.


Once it's all safely in the oven feel free to pour yourself a nice glass of wine (we are cooking french food after all). The hard work is done and your Camembert will be ready to eat as soon as it's out the oven.

Once it's out sprinkle on a pinch of sea salt and get dunking!


This is the perfect sharing starter for a nice dinner in, or if you don't feel like sharing your cheesy goodness you can have it all for dinner yourself.

RECIPE:

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:
1 boxed Camembert (250g)
1 clove of garlic or 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
A few sprigs of rosemary
A pinch of sea salt
Crusty bread to dunk

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Cut a shallow ring into the Camembert and peel the top of the cheese off. You can nibble on this while you're waiting for the cheese to bake.
Add the garlic and rosemary onto the exposed center.
While the cheese is still in the box, put it on a baking tray and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
Put your bread in for the final 5 minutes so it's nice and crunchy.
Take the Camembert out and serve it in the box.

If you run out of bread you can use crackers to scoop up all the gooey center.

P.S. How do you lure a bear out the french woods?
Camembert!

Enjoy your cheesy supper and let me know how you got on!

1 comment

  1. Love this Soph! Camembert is my favourite of all so I shall definitely try adding some garlic and rosemary to it next time, it looks delicious :) xx

    thelibstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete