Summer Slaw

Slaw is one of my favorite sides. There's something about the creamy and crunchy combo that I can't get enough of. This twist on a classic is the ideal thing to serve at bbq's and picnics alike.
This is pretty easy to make as all you have to do is chop and combine.

I changed the classic recipe to make it more sweet'n'sour. For the sour I included buttermilk to cut the richness of the mayonnaise, and the sweet comes from the maple syrup and pecan nuts. 
This is so tasty and is bound to be a favorite at a summer gathering!

RECIPE:
Makes 8 portions

Ingredients:
Half a white cabbage
2 carrots
4 spring onions
2 tbsps butter milk
2 tsps white wine vinegar
2 tsps maple syrup
5 tbsps mayonnaise
50g pecan nuts 

Method:
Shred the cabbage and spring onions so they are very fine.
Grate the carrots and add all the vegetables into a large bowl.

Combine all the wet ingredients into another bowl and mix until combined. Have a taste at this stage to ascertain if you need to add anything else - I put some salt in.

Mix this into the vegetables before roughly chopping the pecans and sprinkling on top.


Serve with my chicken drumsticks for an easy summer dinner!
Are you as big a fan of slaw as I am? Let me know!



No comments